Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Virtual Worlds: Part 2

I spent a little time today on the Second Life website as well as searching for articles/blogs with the search phrase "merits of virtual worlds."

On the Second Life site, I clicked on a link labeled "Real Life" and was brought to pages and pages of real places with the tag line "Travel the virtual world without leaving home!" I have to admit, some of these look kinda cool (some of them look kinda weird). I wouldn't mind having a sneak peak at some of these places, though I don't intend to create an account, even for that purpose. Here are a few of the thousands of places/events residents can visit...

Beautiful French art exhibit

 
In order to seek the potential good of virtual worlds read this article, "Avatars Help People Develop Real-World Skills" and a couple others like it on Science Daily. I am kind of skeptical of these studies, even though they are supposedly based in research- but I definitely need to do some more reading. I'd like to find testimonials via Second Life users' blogs or articles backing these claims up. Let me know if/how you have benefited from a second life or if you have a link I should check out as I continue to learn more about this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you checked out second life and some articles on virtual worlds. The art people can incorporate into these worlds is pretty fascinating and like you said, often quite beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete