Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

THIS is when I adore technology...



...when I can see and talk to every member of my immediate family, even when we are all thousands of miles apart! Spread out from Provo to Salt Lake to North Carolina to New Jersey to Pennsylvania? Not a problem, at least not in this brave new digital world.

So THIS is digital bliss.

We used a free trial of Skype Premium for this conversation. I'm working on getting everyone in my family to download Oovoo for our next online reunion. Our family is new to this group-video-chat thing, but I'd say our first conversation went quite well [the highlight was seeing my 5-day-old niece, with a close second being my dad messing around with all the silly faces/bodies Windows video lets you adopt as you're talking. That continued through the whole conversation - even though it scared my nephew].

What is my passion in the culture of all things digital? I'm not positive I've found it yet. But I think it might be exploring the best and most secure ways to simply "stay in touch" with loved ones. In order to do that, I need to first find some of these resources, then try them out, then judge whether or not they're of value to me. I'll head in that direction, see what I find, and see if my interest continues to grow. I'm kind of a "family is everything" type of girl, so I think this family-friendly digital avenue might be just what I've been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment